In this edition of your Work From Anywhere Newsletter, flexible working and higher education are in the news. See online education trends, my WFA Course and 2 free events.
Increasingly, employers see that allowing remote work and empowering mobile employees is good for talent acquisition and retention, morale and productivity. Read more.
According to a Deloitte study, nearly 75 per cent of Millennials believe that a “work from home” or “work remotely” policy is important. Time to get that home office ready.
Flexible working helps more people access the labour market and stay in work, as more people are increasingly thinking differently about how, when and where they work. Quality flexible working can help organisations attract talent, improve employee job satisfaction and loyalty, reduce absenteeism and improve well-being. Read more.
97 per cent of companies agree that employee expectations of the workplace seem to be changing rapidly. The main feature of those changing expectations is around flexible working, with 98 per cent of respondents saying employees now expect more flexible working hours, while 89 per cent said they expect agile/home working to be available. Read more.
The future of work will belong to more intricate jobs that require emotional and social finesse over physical effort, and women have always been far advanced in that respect when compared to men. Read more.
“The mission of higher education now is to help students become robot-proof. Every learner now has to be able to interact with machines, learn how to grasp data, and do things that machines can’t, such as being empathetic, creative, and entrepreneurial,” says Joseph Aoun, author of Robot-Proof: Higher Education in the Age of Artificial Intelligence. Read more.
ONLINE EDUCATION TRENDS:
Most Popular Courses in 2018
Measured by total enrollments.
- Machine Learning from Stanford University
- Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects from the University of California, San Diego
- The Science of Well-Being from Yale University
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies from Princeton University
- Algorithms, Part I from Princeton University
- English for Career Development from the University of Pennsylvania
- Financial Markets from Yale University
- Introduction to Psychology from the University of Toronto
- Chinese for Beginners from Peking University
Most Popular Specializations in 2018
- Deep Learning from deeplearning.ai
- Python for Everybody from University of Michigan
- Data Science from Johns Hopkins University
- Applied Data Science with Python from the University of Michigan
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate from Google
- Advanced Machine Learning from National Research University Higher School of Economics
- Improve Your English Communication Skills from Georgia Institute of Technology
- Business Foundations from University of Pennsylvania
- Architecting with Google Cloud Platform from Google Cloud
- Excel Skills for Business from Macquarie University
RECENT POSTS ON OUR BLOGS:
In this article, we list 10 essential steps to secure your sensitive data and devices so that hackers can’t steal your information when working from home.
Taking into account the numerous strengths women have and the opportunities in various industries, here is a list of the best jobs for women in India.
Freelancing requires dedication and commitment in order to foster a professional attitude. Here are 7 ways to stay motivated when working from home.
Age discrimination against women begins when they reach 35. Here are 5 jobs for women over 40 that will embrace your experience and hard-won wisdom.
Thanks to the internet, there is no lack of opportunity or limit to your earnings today. There is only lack of imagination.
Having a life purpose creates true happiness, but finding it is not always easy. Here are six tips to help you find your life purpose in 2019.
Working from home is not as easy as it sounds. These 7 questions will help work from home for moms in India get their schedule and priorities in order.
Some women just want a simple work from home job while others are willing to challenge themselves and start a business. Which one is right for you?
Learn how to set up your home office to maximise productivity and wellness with our home office setup ideas and home office essentials list.
Looking for an online tutoring job? This online tutoring guide will give you the resources you need to start your online tutoring career (applies to India as well as other countries).
Are you skilled at communicating in more than one language? Here’s why working from home as a freelance translator may the perfect job for you.
In this article, I’ve compiled a list of websites that showcase the best and highest-paying remote transcription jobs, no experience required.
Resumes are used to supplement a traditional job application. No matter what type of job you’re applying for, you’ll want to create a professional resume.
As a freelancer, your email writing skills can make or break your client relationship. Here are 7 proofreading and editing tips and tools for stellar client emails.