The world of work is changing rapidly with robots and AI threatening to take over many jobs.
But there’s good news for those who are life-long learners – people who are willing to learn new skills to make themselves more employable.
Here are some of the week’s most interesting news and resources for Anywhere Workers.
THIS WEEK IN WORK FROM ANYWHERE NEWS
- The freelance army: Why many Indians are choosing part-time over full-time – An increasing number of professionals in India are moving from full-time employment and opting for freelance work projects. Read more.
- 85%of the jobs that today’s students will do in 2030 don’t exist yet. Education can no longer be seen as something that stops when a person graduates from college. Read more.
- Workers spend almost 50% of each day on digital vs. in-person communication, and more than half feel lonely as a result. Read more
- While freelance work and flexible schedules that allow employees to work from home have become more common, they also limit co-worker interactions and engagement. Remote workers are more likely to quit because of loneliness. Read more.
- A third of all UK workers believe those who work flexibly create more work for others. A similar proportion believes their career will suffer if they use flexible working arrangements. Read more
- Contact centres will shrink by 50 per cent in the next three years as routine tasks are automated by bots that offer an 8.6 per cent increase in profit margin per customer. Read more.
- Reforms and protections, including the banning of exclusive zero-hour contracts, have, thankfully, decreased instances of genuinely exploitative practices in the gig economy. Read more.
- Translation- a $50 billion industry globally – is set to grow to over $66 billion in the next five years. Translation tools like Lilt will both lower the cost of translation on a per-word basis and increase the rate translators are able to charge for their time. Read more.
RECENT POSTS ON OUR BLOGS:
- 3 Work From Home Options: Which One Is Right For You?
- Freelance Translator Jobs: Start A Work From Home Career With Your Language Skills
- 5 Websites To Find The Highest-Paying Entry-Level Remote Transcription Jobs, No Experience Required
- How To Earn Money With Online Tutoring
- 7 Steps To Set Up Your Home Office For Maximum Productivity And Wellness
- Working From Home? Here’s How To Avoid Work At Home Scams
- Why Writing A Professional Resume Is Important To Your Job Hunt
- How Female Job Seekers Are Unintentionally Self-Sabotaging Their Job Hunt
- Gig Workers: What Problems Do They Face In Their Careers?
Read more Work From Home articles on the blogs